Back to Normal

Ok, that title is only partially true....I don't think my life will ever be "normal"! :P Of course that depends on your definition of "normal", I suppose. Anyway....We are glad to be back and settling into full-blown school now. I am trying to be finished by the end of this semester, to give me some time to slow down a bit before graduating this May and starting some college classes. So my time has been full of Physics, Spanish, and 15th century history lately! :P I am very much looking forward to getting all of those finished so that I can focus on other things. I am also trying to work up about 7 piano pieces by this May that my teacher and I picked out. There is a special music diploma that you can receive if you meet certain requirements, including learning and memorizing 7 pieces (that also have to meet certain requirements :P). In addition, I took a music theory test this Saturday, which took me about three hours to complete...thankfully it wasn't too difficult, just very time-consuming. :) Speaking of piano...You all have probably been wondering why you haven't seen any pictures of our piano yet. That would be because we never received it. :) I won't try to explain the entire process here, it was too complicated; basically the man we were dealing with was not honest, and we eventually had to drop the sale and get our money back. However, on our way back from Michigan, we stopped by a store in Chicago, from which we ordered another piano that was almost exactly the same! The only difference is that it's a bit smaller; a 6'2 rather than a 7'4. I think that it will fit the room better anyway....assuming that it comes in. :) It is supposed to be here in the next couple of weeks....we'll see! I can assure you that you will know when (and if) the piano comes in!!
Let's see....I think that's about all for this update. I will try to be more consistent in my posts :). Sorry that they've been so sporadic lately!


Thank you so much to all of you who have been praying for me and my family. We had a safe drive to and from Michigan, and the funeral went fairly smoothly....Blessings!

4 comments:

    On 9:43 PM, October 29, 2006 Anonymous said...

    Hi Kristin,
    I just read through your Blog and it is really great! I especially like all of the pictures. I am glad things are getting back to "normal." It has been a tough couple of months for everyone. Thank you for all you did for me while I was living with you and for all you did for my father. Take care and lots of love-
    Aunt Mary

     

    oh wow. I hope you get your piano.
    glad things are brightening up for you. God bless!

     
    On 10:00 PM, November 05, 2006 Anonymous said...

    My goodness kristen, you need to post! no but really, i'm glad you are home safe and i laugh inside every time i hear about your piano. i suppose i should be sad for you. i'm sorry

    love, love, and psalm 91
    Tralene

     

    Thanks everyone! Sorry that I've not updated yet...maybe tonight or Wednesday; I have Bible study tomorrow night. I probably would have posted again on Saturday, except that I was at a medieval mystery dinner (which was lots of fun); I'll hopefully have some pictures of that for you all sometime soon!
    Tralene, it's great to hear from you!! Thanks for the sympathy about the piano :P lol. As of right now, it's supposed to come in next week....we'll see. :P
    Anyway...hope to hear more from you!
    Love and Blessings!
    -Kristen

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum