Be Dangerous!


" We are so utterly ordinary, so commonplace, while we profess to know a Power the twentieth century does not reckon with. But we are "harmless," and therefore unharmed. We are spiritual pacifists, non-militants, conscientious objectors in this battle-to-the death with principalities and powers in high places. Meekness must be had for contract with men, but brash, outspoken boldness is required to take part in the comradeship of the Cross. We are "sideliners"- coaching and criticizing the real wrestlers while content to sit by and leave the enemies of God unchallenged. The world cannot hate us, we are too much like its own. Oh that God would make us dangerous!"

~Jim Elliot

Be dangerous--a living testimony to God's power through weak human flesh!


Sometimes I feel like I'm just existing
I'm not really living
I'm only watching the time slip away
I've forgotten who I am in you
I'm not who I'm meant to be
I'm drifting farther away from my destiny

Awaken my heart, awaken my soul
Awaken your power and take control
Awaken the passion to live for you, Lord
Awaken me

My soul is longing, my heart is searching
I'm desperate for you to move
Give me a hunger, pull me closer
I'm crying out to you

Open my eyes so I can see your presence
Dwelling inside
Wake me up, 'cause I can't live another minute
If I'm not shining your light

-Natalie Grant, Awaken


2 comments:

    On 9:42 AM, July 23, 2007 Anonymous said...

    I like all of those quotes you put on there, Kristen! They are really good. :)

     
    On 12:07 PM, August 09, 2007 Anonymous said...

    wow... that is beautiful and so true... I love it!

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum