"Living to the Hilt"

Hello all!
I just wanted to share this quote with you all (from my devotional book) that stood out to me:

"Wherever you are, be all there. Live to the hilt every situation you believe to be the will of God."
- Jim Elliot, Christian missionary and martyr

Isn't that a great thought? What a good reminder to stay focused on God's will in every situation...to make sure that we're not so self-focused that we are blinded to what we know God would will in the situation. I especially like the phrase "live to the hilt". Doesn't that put the image of a Christian warrior fighting the spiritual battle into your mind? Living to the hilt; using the "sword of the Spirit" (Ephesians 6), God's Word, for every situation. Doesn't that just challenge you? Challenge you to "live to the hilt every situation" instead of just trying to simply "make it through"? It also reminds me of a song I heard on the radio...I don't know who it was by. It went something like...I think of all the years I spent just passing through. I'd like to take that time and give it all to You! Something to that effect, anyway. That kind of adds on to Kallie's post "Is God your all?". Do you give God all your time? I don't mean that you should stay at your bed praying every second of the day, but have you thought about how much of you is given to Him? I guess what I'm trying to say is, yes, God wants us to have leisure time, I'm not trying to discourage that in the least, but are we always seeking our own pursuits in every second of extra time, or do we take the time to look around us and be aware of others and their needs and desires as Jesus did?
Anyway, I know I got a bit off topic there, but I really enjoy being able to share my thoughts with you! Let me know what you think!

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum