Whirlwind

The last two weeks have been an absolute whirlwind for us. Thank you all so much for your prayers; we survived! :P God has been so good to us.
I'm not sure exactly where to start, but I guess the beginning would be a good place. Let's see--the real "whirlwind" started Monday morning, May 7 (Kara's birthday :D). I had AP testing at one of the local highschools on Monday, Thursday (my b-day, and I had a graduation rehearsal that same day), and Friday (two tests in a row that day!). Whew! Needless to say, by Friday evening I was exhausted--well, "brain dead" was the phrase I used several times, I believe. Then a mad dash to get everything needed Saturday morning and we were off for my graduation, being held at a huge church close by. That, ladies and gentlemen (wait, are there any gentlemen who read my blog? ;) ), was absolutely incredible. Our homeschooling group put this graduation together, and, well....how to describe it! It was beautiful--we were all amazed. There were twenty-seven homeschoolers that graduated (from our local homeschooling group)! Sometime in the near future I hope to get a video of it put together for you all. We had one of the the Justices of the Texas Supreme Court give the commencement address; that too was phenomenal! I could go on and on about it, but I'll save that for another time when I have pictures and/or video. ;) Anyway, the week after my graduation, I had four more AP exams, the last of which was that Thursday. I am finished with AP exams!!!! Finished! Praise the Lord! :) I am completely finished with highschool (well, except for a few lessons of Spanish II). So this past week has been a sort of "wind down" time for us; pretty relaxed compared to the past few months.
So, thank you all for keeping us in your prayers; the whirlwind is past (I think! :P), but please continue to pray for us. If you all have any prayer requests, please let me know so that I and my family can keep you in our prayers!
Lord willing, my posts will become more regular now, so be sure to continue checking in when you get the chance!
God bless you all!
~Kristen

6 comments:

    Congrats on finishing highschool! You are now in a much coveted position. ;) (in other words, I wish I was like you.) :) Hope to "meet" you soon!

     

    Thanks so much, Kaylene! I'll see you on Saturday!! :D

     
    On 4:04 PM, June 10, 2007 Anonymous said...

    my dear Kristen, please pray for me...i'm going to Ceder Point and i'm scared half to death!!!i never have been good w/ large, scary, roller coasters. ;)

    it was so fun talking to you and kara the other night!

    glad things have slowed down for you a bit!
    love. Tra

     

    It was WONDERFUL to meet you and your family!!!! You're every bit and more fun than I imagined!!! Hope we meet again sometime and maybe a time when we can get to visit more! God bless and keep in touch!

     
    On 11:38 AM, June 14, 2007 Anonymous said...

    i understand now, Kristen. ;)

    love.
    Tra

     

    Definitely ditto, Kaylene!! I hope that next time we meet we'll be able to spend more time chatting...;) It was so much fun getting to meet you! God bless!

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum