Standing Strong...

This is an analogy from A Young Woman After God's Own Heart that I thought was perfect for our Christian walk...
"In bygone days a process was used for growing the trees that became the main masts for the military and merchant ships. The great shipbuiders first selected a tree located on the top of a high hill as a potential mast. Then they cut away all of the surrounding trees that would shield the chosen one from the force of the wind. As the years went by and the winds blew fiercely against the tree, the tree only grew stronger until finally it was strong enough to be the foremast of a ship."
Isn't that such a great perspective of our trials? It reminds me of two Scripture passages: Romans 5:3-5, which says "Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." and also James 1:2-4, "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, when you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."
Anyway, those are my thoughts...let me know what you think! Blessings!

4 comments:

    Hey Kallie- actually, no, the book isn't a devotional on James, it's just kind of a personal study on becoming a "woman after God's own heart", I guess...I'm not exactly sure what you'd call it.
    As for tonight; sure, I'd like to talk! I can't guarantee that I can, though...it depends on what the family decides to do tonight :P. If I can, it would probably be about 8:00 or so...I'll check in and let you know if I'm able to. Thanks so much! :)

     

    Hi Kallie! I'm here! I've got about 15-20 minutes...

     

    Kallie- I guess that you're busy at the moment, seeing that you're not here...sorry that we missed each other again, but I need to go in a couple minutes. Maybe another night (or you can send me an e-mail, or vice versa...)! Thanks! Blessings!

     

    Thats a really good thought Kristen. So to go along with N'tl Day of prayer...Should we also thank God for those trials, and how He's brought us through, and how we know He WILL sustain us?

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum